Monday, January 12, 2009

Mexican Haircut




When I left Boston my hair was ridiculously short. I had just donated 10 inches of hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths for the second time and had the BEST haircut from a Japanese stylist at Takimishi in NYC. Since coming to Mexico my hair has become overgrown and I needed a trim. While replacing the battery in my watch, I decided to multi-task and get a cut at the Liverpool Salon. Liverpool is a chain department store throughout Mexico. It's down the street from our house and so convenient. Anyhow, the stylist Rosie was cold at first then warmed up to me. She was confused as to where I was from. It perplexed her that I decided to move from the US to Mexico City. But she said I made her proud that I thought that immigration laws need to change. And that I don't feel as though Mexicans are stealing jobs from Americans. At any rate, she was helpful in telling me where I can obtain copies of my parents birth certificates for dual citizenship. I was distracted, but was beginning to notice her unique way of cutting, similar to Edward Scissorhands. Basically she went crazy w/the razor. When it came time to put in styling products, she took a glob of gel and spiked up the back of my hair, like many young Mexican men style their coifs. Definitely no sign of a hair straightener. While in Mexico, right? It was worth the laugh and I had to take a picture. Very reminiscent of Flock of Seagulls. Ha!

1 comment:

Marc said...

The back? Kind of a weird "JBF" look!

 
Custom Search