Saturday, December 13, 2008

Bizarre Bazaar


Luc's co-worker told us there was an Asian bazaar in Polanco. Since I had an unfounded craving for Asian food, this was perfect timing. There were rows of tables set up sellling goods from Malaysia, Phillipines, Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia. All of the goings on were centered around an outdoor theater. The best part, by far was the food station. They had yummy eats for super cheap. A plateful of food was about $2 and it was enough to fill us up for the rest of the afternoon. Along the way, I found a woman who was walking a Xoloitzcuintle dog. I've wanted this dog for so long! It's a Mexican hairless dog that's hypoallergenic and is soooo cute! I asked her where I could find one and she took my information when her dog has puppies. (I'm hoping for a Xmas miracle!) It was difficult, but I tore myself away from the dog and kept walking. We caught wind of the fact that there was also a raffle. After buying 5 tickets, we took our seats, sat in the sun, and waited for the raffle to begin. Since Luc usually has the best luck (last raffle winnings: bike messenger bag filled w/over $150 of bike accessories) I waited for our number(s) to be called. An hour and a half later we had to walk away empty handed. Boo! Afterwards we hung out at the Marriott while admiring their beautifully decorated X-mas lobby. We made a stop at Starbucks--sorry! But I'm ashamed to admit that I REALLY miss Gingerbread Latte and Pumpkin Spice Latte season.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Mexico sounds great you two! FYI I hit the Starbuck's every time I pass through Bangkok and always feel a bit guilty...but its so worth it :).

 
Custom Search