Friday, February 13, 2009

Back to the Pyramids

This will make my third trip to the Pyramids. Soon I will be giving my own tours, but for now we left Turibus in charge of the tour. Taking a day off from work on Friday, I head with my parents to the bus.
They took us to the Basilica de Guadalupe like before. My mother was very excited about seeing that site as well. We headed north on the bus passing various site, the public square where you can hire a mariachi band. Soon we step off the bus and into the Basilica. This time there were fewer people. Although we did witness pilgrims, both on their knees and feet entering the holy site. It was nice to return and experience the Basilica without the crowd that was there when Rebecca and I first visited. Then it was just weeks before Lady of Guadalupe Day. After a prayer and several pictures we returned for the rest of our bus ride.
The bus took us to that spot mention before in the blog that shows the uses of the agave plant and how they hand make silver jewelry. My mom was most fascinated by the sewing needle made from the agave. Then there was the tequila, mescal, and pulque (beer like drink from the agave, very sweet) that we all enjoyed. After a few purchases in the gift spot, Valentine’s Day was not far, we return to the bus.
This time we started at the other end. We enter the opened area below the Pyramid of the Moon. This prompted us to climb the first tear of Pyramid of the Moon, which I had not climbed yet. We rest up there and took pictures. Walking towards the Pyramids of the Sun, the one you can climb to the very top I was unsure if my parents would want to hike another man made mountain. We got there and they want to give it a try. So up the Pyramid of the Sun yet again. With the occasionally break, we made to the top. It was great to show them the view that was atop. No matter how many times I visit this site I am always in awe of this view.

No comments:

 
Custom Search