Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I am 29

Definately the warmest birthday I have ever had. After work I got home to Rebecca and my parents. We figured out that this was the first time my parents had seen me on my actual birthday since I turned 21. They came up to North Adams then, and we had dinner with my roommates.

I was in Albany for 22, and Beckenridge, CO for 23, my parents visited the following month. 24 happened in VT, while 25 and 26 must have been in Somerville. I distinctly remember 27 was in Boston Habor on a tug with just the captain, I had a good send off earlier those at Isabel and Dan place during the Superbowl. 28 I was in Boston. Sometimes I need to do that just to keep track.

They all decided to take me out to an Argentinian restraurant that Rebecca and I had been to once before. The restaurant was a little bit away and my parents experienced the Mexico City traffic. The restaurant is on Insurgentes, which is about five miles away from us. The cab ride however felt a lot further.

The night was great with a bottle of Malbec, which is a lot cheaper down here, the best steaks in the city, and coffee drinks prepared right beside your table with fire. Nothing like watching whiskey burn and heat the coffee that is add. I am very thankful to say 29 was in Mexico.

Traffic was better on the return trip. Once home we had some ice cream cake and presents. Chocolate cake with mint ice cream rolled in it and presented as a train, Rebecca finds the best stuff.
Thank you to all.

No comments:

 
Custom Search