Sunday, November 9, 2008

Day 26: Grocery Shopping







Some peeps have asked what we eat/and where we go to eat. This post will solve the mystery!



Today we had a late breakfast and headed to the grocery store called Superama. We can walk there but when we're done shopping we hop in a cab and take a short ride home. Superama is pretty well stocked and has a good variety of food brands. I thought I wouldn't be able to find alot of items here. But this isn't the case! The only things I could't find was chocolate and brown sugar. Well I eventually found a Splenda version of brown sugar but bars of raw chocolate were nowhere to be found. Go figure! Strange that I had no problem finding "I can't believe it's not butter"! The produce, fruit juices and meat products are ridiculously cheap. Pantry items like cereal, and bread are the same price in the US. This trip, we found a grocery cart filled w/fresh corn tortillas made in-store. I would say there were 50 in a pack and it only came to about $1.50. Anyhu, we stocked up on our necessary items and hit the road. For dinner we had steak tips, salad, and fresh tortillas. A mix of Mexico and America! Our kitchen is pretty small but I love cooking on a gas stove. Yummy!

1 comment:

Urvi said...

Oh- you really did take a picture of your fridge!!

 
Custom Search