Thursday, May 14, 2009

Recation

Back in Mexico all by me self. The school reopenned and I had to return. As the United States now knows the flu is not as bad as first thought and the news, as always, created a panic that was not need. Honestly I feel Mexico handle the issue beautifully. Their were press conference with the people in charge and at the sign that is could be big, they exercised caution and did not create the panic that was seen in the United States. Sure some people were panicing down here, but many more remained calm in the face of the dreaded flu.

As Mexico mandated that all schools be close, church services suspended, and all non-essential government agency not come in to work, the US is merely suggesting. For the record, the idea that some government offices are non-essential is one that makes you wonder about how money is spent.

Nevertheless people are still caution. Hand sanitizer is passed out as I enter work and I most carry a large bottle for my students. Some still have mask, but there were mask wearers prior to the whole deal.By any means I am heathy and still enjoying Mexico.

No comments:

 
Custom Search